CDS CPR and First Aide with AED
Description: CDS Rescue Training CPR, AED, and First Aid for Children, Infants, and Adults provides an ideal training solution for schools, child care providers, youth sports coaches, construction companies and others required to learn how to respond to medical emergencies involving children and adults. These programs are equivalent to the training programs developed and administered by the American Heart Association, ® Inc., Health and Safety Institute and the American National Red Cross. The program is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting, and is based upon the 2015 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) Science with Treatment Recommendations (CoSTR) and other evidence-based treatment.
Why Take This Course: CDS CPR, AED and First Aid helps students develop basic knowledge, skills, and the confidence to respond. The program is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting, and is consistent with the recommendations of the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the standards for First Aid and CPR training of the American Academy of Pediatrics, American Public Health Association, and National Resource Center for Health and Safety in child Care and Early Education.
What Will I Leave With?
- Recognizing a medical emergency, identifying hazards, and ensuring personal safety
- Early CPR with effective chest compressions buys time for accessing an AED and prompt activation of EMS
- Effective prevention of the typical causes for airway and breathing emergencies
- How to not provide care beyond the training received and why
- Caring for bites, poison, stings, burns, heat stroke, allergic reaction, seizures, diabetics, asthma, pregnancy complications, and choking
- Properly accessing and using an AED for adults, children, and infants by using hands on techniques in class