MABRO Recertification (Management of Assaultive Behavior for Professionals)
Description: This fully customizable, MABPRO Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB)violence prevention and de-escalation program will cover the essential and trusted methods of crisis negotiation, which when utilized in the stages prior to any physical intervention or assault that personnel might be faced with, will in most cases, prevent the need for any physical intervention. And in the event that the intervention becomes physical in nature, the program will then address the methodology to protect those in danger and defend oneself humanely and safely, as well as how to help effectively manage the assaultive situation, individually and as a group.
Why Take This Course: MABRO helps demonstrate how to handle an aggressive client and or employee. How to diffuse situations in different scenarios. In this course you learn how to safely evade without hurting yourself and your client. You take home critical skills that can help you at a facility and in personal life. Consumers become more aware of their surroundings and people to help protect themselves by using proper techniques and applying them which will help in long term, like not being sued or ending up in the ER. A fully educational class that can be used at any time.
What Will I Leave With?
- Understanding when employees have the legal right to step in physically when faced with an aggressor
- Applying the learned focused of what is behind any aggressive behavior
- Examining your recognition, reactions, and response to violence or aggression
- Using the concept of re-direction and/or distraction techniques when confronted with the aggressor
- Understanding the twelve elements of Active Listening during negotiating process
- Using the importance of body language, both exhibited by clients and employees
Refund Cancellation Policy:
We look forward to helping you meet your training needs. We understand that sometimes life can get in the way of scheduling.
As a reminder, the MABPRO class refund/cancellation policy provides:
- Full refund if notification is received at least 14 days prior to the start of class
- Refund minus a $25 processing fee if notification is received 7-13 days prior to the start of class
- No refund if notification is received six days (or fewer) prior to the start of class
- Special circumstances will be considered, but please let us know as soon as possible if you must cancel a class.
Have a wonderful day, and we look forward to seeing you in class!
- Saturday, September 9, 2017 from 7:30 AM to 11:30 AMCIWP Fresno
- Saturday, September 9, 2017 from 7:30 AM to 11:30 AMCIWP Madera
- Saturday, September 9, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PMCIWP Fresno
- Thursday, September 14, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PMFairchild Medical Center
- Thursday, September 14, 2017 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PMFairchild Medical Center
- Friday, September 15, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PMMotion Picture & Television Fund
- Friday, October 13, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PMMotion Picture & Television Fund
- Friday, November 10, 2017 from 7:30 AM to 11:30 AMCIWP Antioch
- Friday, November 10, 2017 from 7:30 AM to 11:30 AMCIWP Elk Grove
- Friday, November 10, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PMMotion Picture & Television Fund
- Friday, December 8, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PMMotion Picture & Television Fund