American Heart Association BLS Course
Description: Basic Life Support (BLS) is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. This video-based, instructor led course is held in a classroom setting where it teaches both single-rescuer and team life support skills. BLS is for healthcare professionals including but not limited to; physicians, nurses, paramedics, medical students in training, and therapists, members of the public, law enforcement, schools. Course is approximately 4 hours including passing a written exam and skills test to receive a BLS completion card.
Why Take This Course: BLS teaches healthcare professionals how to stay calm and focused during a life threatening emergency. In this course you learn hands on care from your instructor how to provide proper techniques for CPR and use of AED life support skills on a victim. Not only will you improve the chances of the victim’s survival but you will take home leadership and confidence when applying these life saving skills.
What Will I Leave With?
- Describe the steps of the Chain of Survival to protect yourself and the victim
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- Apply proper techniques for relief of foreign body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children, and infants
- Learning the safety and importance of early AED by hands on practice in class
- Understanding the protection of the Samaritans Law
Refund Cancellation Policy:
We look forward to helping you meet your training needs. We understand that sometimes life can get in the way of scheduling.
As a reminder, the MABPRO class refund/cancellation policy provides:
- Full refund if notification is received at least 14 days prior to the start of class
- Refund minus a $25 processing fee if notification is received 7-13 days prior to the start of class
- No refund if notification is received six days (or fewer) prior to the start of class
- Special circumstances will be considered, but please let us know as soon as possible if you must cancel a class.
Have a wonderful day, and we look forward to seeing you in class!